Friday, February 15, 2008

My Pheasant

I usually just see the back end of these guys as they scoot across the road but I've actually got one living in the back forty under the spruce trees. I caught sight of him a couple of times and today he came really close to the house for the first time. I think he was after some corn that I put on the stump for the birds.



Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Wow, he is AWESOME and your photos are wonderful. I am extremely jealous that you got to see and photograph one of these birds on your own property. Too cool.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Christy I was amazed when he showed up and it's so much fun to have something bigger than a bluejay to aim the lens at. The pheasants are becoming scarse in Michigan due to hunting & loss of habitat so I'm going to feed this guy until spring and hope that he finds a mate. I read that they can run shortly after hatching from the egg and you should see this guy go....wow!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb!
Sorry I have not been in touch, way too much stuff going on!
Just love all your stuff in your blog, this pheasant is the coolest!
Lucky You! I soooo hope you get some offspring!
I hope all is well with you, say hello to the birdie group for me.
I will check in again when I can, I so miss you guys!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Wow bella I'm absolutely delighted to hear from you and so glad you like my pheasant. We're really missing you in the bird thread and will look forward to seeing some shots with that new lens.

Take care & and thanks for keeping in touch!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Klk_Endeavors said...

You're the only one I know that has a pet pheasant in their back yard! If only you could feed him out of your hands. I sure hope he finds that mate and has babies there.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Kelly if I put my hand on the knob of the back door he hears it and takes off. Nice hearing from you.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home