Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Winter Bird Station

I'm working on my winter bird station and still have a few more things to do but wanted to share a few practice shots. Here's the male downey and so far I haven't seen his lady but am sure she's out there.

Sharing a tree but not for long.
The upsidedown bird at his finest. They're enjoyng suet and sunflower seeds and I'll also be putting out seed bells. I think it's going to be a good year for shots since they are already flocking to the feeders.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Cute shots! Looks like you will have plenty to shoot for the winter! Good luck!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Thanks Hannibal and now you can see what a lazy birder I am. I simply set everything up outside my window and let them come to me. That's probably why I enjoy your obsessions and adventures so much!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Great shot of the downy and nuthatch together - makes the photo all the more colorful!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Leedra said...

I hope that bird did not get trapped in the suet feeder. Sometimes birds can get into trouble getting to the bird feeders. I had a bird got in a tube feeder one time, this last photograph reminded me of it.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Leedra I noticed the bird struggling and pushed the suet to the front. I'll have to keep an eye on this feeder and maybe switch it.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Betsy Banks Adams said...

I'm enjoying your blog, GG... Beautiful pictures!!! We haven't had any Downy's around here I don't think... But--we've had Pileated, Red-bellied, Red-headed, and Northern Flicker. The Red-bellied comes to our feeders ALOT.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Betsy I've never had a pileated and would just go nuts trying to get a shot of I did. Thands so much for stopping by.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home