Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh Deer, they're raiding the feeders again!




Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wOW The heard has found yor home, LOOKS like you got the snow they were forecasting..

Nice shots of the eating Barb

Chuck

5:56 AM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Chuck I think we're in over our heads. I just got some stats on how much deer eat in one day and we can't even begin to afford it.We started out with some nice juicy sugar beets, carrotts, a mineral block, and a salt block and they consumed it in one night.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh those poor little dears (or deers)!!! They are just so hungry!!! As much as I'd hate them eating out of my bird feeders, I still can't help but smile when I see them. Beautiful animals, aren't they, Barb??
Hugs,
Betsy

2:03 PM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Betsy and Birdgirl thanks for the nice comments and even though this is going to be an expensive venture I love seeing the deer come in at night and will continue to feed them. I know that in some states this isn't allowed but don't think it applies in my area. I just hate to see people bait them for hunting season.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Klk_Endeavors said...

They have consumed the salt block also? They really were extremely hungry! Nice photos!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Kelly they haven't touched the salt or mineral blocks and I can't quite figure that out. We've got 13 inches of snow and last night they came and dug the last of the sugar beets out and ate them. Tomorrow we're putting out the carrotts.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I'm laughing because their eyes look so wide and fierce - like they know they are "robbing" your feeders! Great photos!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I'm laughing because their eyes look so wide and fierce - like they know they are "robbing" your feeders! Great photos!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Leedra said...

Guilty again!

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home