Monday, January 26, 2009

Full House

It's -1 degrees in Michigan with lots of snow on the ground and the birds are having a feeding frenzy.
Posted by Picasa

16 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

This made me smile! They were all being nice at the feeder all lined up in a row! Great shot!
P.S. Michigan's winter is beginning to wear on me!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Wow, great shot!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

You know, after commenting, I saw that the jays have different amounts of bands on their tails...I never knew!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That is a special picture.Seldom if ever do we have more than one Blue Jay at the feeder at a time.They perfer to take turns.
Blessings,Ruth

10:20 AM  
Blogger jalynn01 said...

I am impressed that you got each and every eye of the the three bluejays. Nice shot!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Leedra said...

They don't even seem to mind each other. Or did you capture them the second before the fight started?

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra

10:08 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Great pictures of the Jays. The only time mine feed at the same time is during the feeding frenzy which normally means a change in weather.

I wonder if Jays tails are like tree rings...older birds = more rings.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Klk_Endeavors said...

I never thought of the tree analogy. Sounds like research in the making. Let us know if you find out anything. :)

Beautiful shot of the 3 together. I guess when it comes down to the nitty gritty, they're willing to share after all.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Hannibal and Richard I think we have a lot of unanswered questions about the jays especially concerning gender.

Shelley, Ruth, Kelly, Jalynn, Birdgirl, and Leedra thank you so much for stopping by. This is my first shot of three Jays together.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

I borrowed your picture and sent it to Cornell Birds with the question on the tail bars. Inquiring Minds just have to know.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Now you have me out counting tail bars on my Blue Jays. All of mine are like the middle one.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Thanks Richard and maybe you can get some answers for all of our inquiring minds.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaves me speechless! What fun you are having with your beautiful birds and how lucky they are to have you keeping their tummies/crops full.

PK

2:12 PM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

PK I love my birds and hopefully they will get me through the winter. It's really great to see you again and thanks for stopping by.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Now that's one family that sticks together! Cool shot, indeed.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Gardener's Garden said...

Hi Aunt B, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home